is a small town in the Messina province, located about 300m a.s.l.
and with a total population of 1,552 inhabitants.
saw the domination of both Normans and Aragonese. It has some interesting
churches. The Chiesa Madre dating from the 15th century is the most
attracting building, containing some prized works such as a 1500’s
holy water-font and a painting of Saint Michael the Archangel from
the same period.
minor 1600’s Chiesa dell’Immacolata, the Chiesa di San
Nicolò and the 1400’s Chiesa di San Michele are also
worthy of note. The city accommodates some noble palazzi, most of
which are, sadly, damaged or abandoned, and the ruins of an ancient